Wednesday, March 29, 2006

 

Samy's Curry House - Marina Square Food Court

I was sorta going off the rather expensive and over-spicy banana leaf served at Samy's original branch at Dempsey Road, so it was with some hesitation that I decided to queue up at its branch at the newly-opened Marina Square food court.

First - the rice. After seeing the people in front of me get about one full percent of Thailand's total rice export piled up on their banana leaf, I opted for half. No one will feel cheated about the amount of rice they dish out, I'll guarantee you that.

Then - the vegetable dishes. Basic long bean and dhal, nothing to shout about.

Next - the chicken masala. They gave me - i swear - half a chicken. This was when I began to worry a little bit about the final bill.

Finally - the drasam. Excellent, sour/salty taste - without being too salty OR spicy.

Total bill - $5.40. What gives? It's a damn sight cheaper than the extortionate prices they charge at dempsey road.

Highly recommended.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?