Monday, March 13, 2006

 

Five Star Hainam Chicken Rice - Cheong Chin Nam Road - Bfast - 13.03.06

Since Killeney, two doors down, was closed for renovations, I decided to have my daily snort of kaya toast, runny eggs and kopi-o at this place instead. I've had the chicken rice a couple of times before; wasn't entirely sure how their toast would pan out. But hey, with Hainam in their name, it wouldn't be too bad, would it?

Thank goodness - it wasn't. They use thick white toast instead of the thin brown one which I like, but the butter blocks (yes, blocks) were large enough to make sure the entire concoction didn't end up being too dry. The kaya was pretty basic - don;t expect anything homemade here. The kopi-o was reasonably strong, just a smidge on the sourish side, but still decent.

A reasonable alternative to Killeney, but I now wish that I had the teh tarik at Al Azhar three shops down instead. There's always tomorrow...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?